The information available on this site is managed by Plumbers & Pipefitters Local Union No. 168 (“Local 168” or “Union”), in association with the Plumbers and Pipefitters Apprentice Educational Fund, the Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 168 Retirement Fund, the Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 168 Vacation Fund, and other associated benefit funds and plans (collectively hereafter “Funds”).
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Please note: This site links to other websites. Local 168 is not responsible for the privacy policies of these sites, which may be different from ours.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information on this website was collected from applications and forms you have submitted to Local 168, the Funds and to your employers. Such information includes things like your name, mailing address, date of birth, and other identifying information. Only you and Local 168 personnel have access to this information through the site.
Information about your skills and training, employment status, work hours, wages, and contributions made towards your benefits is collected from your employer(s) and/or the Funds and is also made available to you on this site.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other usage statistics.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical. We aim to maintain this website, and the information it provides, in a manner that protects important information from accidental or malicious destruction.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Local 168 family and associated entities unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Local 168 family and associated entities when we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Local 168 family and associated entities if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce Participation Agreements between employers and the Funds, including investigation of potential violations.
- enforce Collective Bargaining Agreements between employers and the Union.
- enforce any other contract or agreement between the Union, the Funds, and another person or entity.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of others, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third parties. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Local 168, the Funds and our members from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.